About the event
For the first time, the Indian Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD), the Institute of Urban Transport (IUT) and CODATU are coming together to organize a joint conference on Urban Transport, focusing on “Intelligent, Inclusive and Sustainable mobility”. This joint event is a meeting of two renowned conferences:
- Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference and Expo, a flagship annual event under the aegis of the Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India, which was initiated by the National Urban Transport Policy of 2006 and which is organized by the IUT;
- CODATU International Conference on Urban Transport, organized every two years in a different city of the developing world, to promote sustainable urban mobility policies and solutions towards more liveable cities.
CODATU has a close link with the Institute of Urban Transport (IUT), ....
as the institute was created by the MoUD, further to the discussions held during the CODATU Conference VII in Delhi in 1996. CODATU is now coming back to India after 11 years for a new conference.
The joint conference UMI10-CODATUXVII will be held at the Hyderabad International Convention Centre (HICC) between 4th and 6th November, 2017 and will be organized around five kinds of sessions:
- Technical sessions organized by IUT and MoUD
- Technical sessions organized by CODATU
- Joint sessions organized by IUT/MouD and CODATU
- Plenary sessions organized by IUT/MouD and CODATU
- A Research Symposium organized by IUT and open to young indian researchers
- International Scientific Committee Sessions organized by CODATU through a call for Abstracts
The participants and sponsors will also have the opportunity to exhibit their technologies, research and innovative projects in the field of Urban Transport, in the exhibition area open all along the three days.
IUT and the MoUD are expecting around 1000 indian participants and CODATU is expecting 200 to 300 international delegates.